jinteki.net

Moderator: king_mob

king_mob

jinteki.net

Postby king_mob » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:47 am

Octgn in the browser. I like the idea, not tried it though, anyone had any experience with it?
Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
evilgaz

Re: jinteki.net

Postby evilgaz » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:24 am

Not really. Only know that it was one of the reasons FFG sent out Cease & Desist notices, do decided it wasn't worth looking into!
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:03 am

gaz > completely unrelated but i used to live in nottingham, have you lived there awhile?
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:55 pm

@king mob totally off topic, but I really like the contributions you've been making to the forums here. You've generated some good conversations, I know you are new and ask a lot of questions, but you are really appreciative of the advice you get and genuinely ask for help with stuff you can't just look up. Keep up the good work!
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:49 pm

Just played my first game on Jinteki.net and was fairly impressed. Seemed to work fairly smoothly, and my opening hand consisted of modded, MO, Zu and RDI against NEH - works for me! ;)

Plus it works on at Uni, no more productive work for me ever :)
Sincil Banks

Postby Sincil Banks » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:55 pm

Just joined to scope it out. I assumed it was dead because of the C&D and never checked it out...
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:08 pm

Cerberus wrote:@king mob totally off topic, but I really like the contributions you've been making to the forums here. You've generated some good conversations, I know you are new and ask a lot of questions, but you are really appreciative of the advice you get and genuinely ask for help with stuff you can't just look up. Keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot :) Really, the community around netrunner is one of the things that i like most about the game, so getting stuck in and being a part of that is as fun as the deckbuilding/playing aspects.

Thanks again for the kind words though mate thats pretty encouraging :)

Chimpster wrote:Just played my first game on Jinteki.net and was fairly impressed. Seemed to work fairly smoothly, and my opening hand consisted of modded, MO, Zu and RDI against NEH - works for me! ;)

Plus it works on at Uni, no more productive work for me ever :)

I know right? I might as well just hand in my notice now and save my boss the the trouble of sacking me lol. Luckily i my job is very stop-start-stop-start, you may have noticed by how much im on here :D

Sincil Banks wrote:Just joined to scope it out. I assumed it was dead because of the C&D and never checked it out...

I don't think i fully understand FFG's position on things like this, of course its their intellectual property and they don't want people ripping them off, but so far things like netrunnerdb.com have only contributed to the game. Didn't FFG take over cardgamedb.com? I guess maybe then they just want people using their site?
shinygerbil

Postby shinygerbil » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:52 pm

Welp! If I didn't sit right next to my boss at work I'd be on this all day. I already got a few weird looks importing my decks into the editor... :lol:

I've been signed up to OCTGN for a couple of weeks but not played any since I was scared off by the interface, so the only actual matches of Netrunner I've played are against my brother :shock: next week may finally be the week I can make it to one of the London weekday meetups!

I'll try and play some games on here on the weekend hopefully :)
evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:56 pm

@king_mob I've been in Notts for maybe 14 years or something. Check out the boards if you're back any weekend to see if we're doing Pubrunner on a Sunday afternoon.
evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:20 pm

Okay, I've created an account just to see, if someone wants to have a bash at some point then I'd be curious to see how it plays with someone sensible, rather than throwing myself open to t'interweb masses and potentially angry teenager types. ;)
mendax

Postby mendax » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:30 pm

warning - don't play Kate or Blue Sun on there, as neither effect is automated yet and you'll be there all day adjusting manually.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:04 pm

Funnily enough gaz i just had a go and played against a really cool guy who was happy to show me the ropes. I think thats what he was doing anyway, "l2p u fking nub" is a compliment right?

On a serious note, yes the lack of automation was heavily annoying, but only because of the complete lack of a manual alternative. So incubator isnt automated yet, and neither can you put counters on it manually. Big fail in my eyes. I ended up having to count in the chat window at the start of every turn, which is guess makes it the most realistic emulator so far as i would have to physically put the counters on each card IRL. To be fair, I appreciate the effort though, so i'm confident teething issues like this will soon be overcome, and i think i will drop in now and again, not just to check on the progress but also to try and give it some support - more netrunners resources, and actively maintained ones, can only be a good thing.
hanshasuro

Postby hanshasuro » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:50 pm

A fun bit of trivia that I haven't seen mentioned yet is that it is being developed by Belgian national champion, and Worlds runner-up, Mihn Tran (https://twitter.com/mtgred)
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:26 pm

hanshasuro wrote:A fun bit of trivia that I haven't seen mentioned yet is that it is being developed by Belgian national champion, and Worlds runner-up, Mihn Tran (https://twitter.com/mtgred)

Commentators mentioned this during Worlds - it was slightly uncomfortable for a few moments I seem to remember (then again I was pretty drunk at Wembley stadium watching the NFL...)
MOON MONEY!
Synaesthesia

Postby Synaesthesia » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:46 am

Hey!

I play on jinteki.net regularly with my kate deck (it's how I have test-run all the tricks I did at the Gloucester Champs yesterday) and yes the manual is annoying as anything, but it also makes you 10x more alert to your deck as you HAVE to keep an eye on what is going on.

I actually prefer it to OCTGN, but only because I haven't gotten used to its system yet, so it's hard to play on.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:52 am

Thats a good point actually and one that came up in a discussion of octgn yesterday - you can get too used to the automation and when it comes to playing IRL you can miss stuff.
zithith

Postby zithith » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:02 am

I've been using it for a while (can't install software on work PCs and there isn't always someone with decks around for my lunchtime fix!) and have been really happy with it.
Yes there are some teething problems - there always will be with automation of so many unique effects - but in the 6 months or so I've been using it I've seen a great improvement in the system already and I've personally not been too bothered with the manual tracking.
It's tied to the NrDB API (hence the C&Ds across the board) and that is really powerfull as you can play with most of the spoilers straight away (even if they aren't automated), though this is sometimes a downside as much as a bonus so take it with a pinch of salt.
Recently I've seen jinteki.net become more popular and it seems the host that mtgred is using is struggling, so just beware it's a bit buggy/laggy/crash-prone at the moment; hopefully this will be ironed out in some way soon.

Regards to this vs OCTGN, I don't see competition here personally. I like both. OCTGN is a little smoother but it's limited by the platform (hence the barrier to entry), whereas jinteki.net is built for A:NR from the ground up.

I'm on both regularly with the same screen name so feel free to drop by and give me a game :) - I'm always willing to help people through the interfaces too ;)
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:25 am

It's tied to the NrDB API

Did not realize this, nice one :) I can ditch my hacked together python script now XD
zithith

Postby zithith » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:39 am

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge it uses it (not sure if it connects to the latest database itself, or "regularly" downloads a copy so that some alteration can be done).
They had O&C up (and a fair amount automated) months before release.

AFAIK it was one of the triggers for the C&D letters from FFG, as someone finally thought of a way to use the API to re-create the game, but it seems the letters were ineffective ;) though this is paraphrased and coming off the top of my head
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:08 pm

Just had a laugh on Jinteki.net when a Noise deck saw the whole of my R&D on match point with mediums, saw both Fetals (no other agendas in R&D) and realised he only had 1 credit left and killed himself.
zithith

Postby zithith » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:44 pm

That sounds like an epic match.
Sorry I didn't catch you today mate, I guessed you might have logged out so I jumped into a quick game (which was impressively underwhelming*) and when it finished you'd already gone into another.

* I was playing my Titan that i used at the tourney on sunday against a Kate deck.
First hand had 2 3 pointers so thought: better safe than sorry - mulligan.
2 Hedge fund, Hadrians, Ashigaru, (Yale I think). first draw: atlas. Excellent.
By turn 3 I was agenda flooded but with an atlas scored. No more ICE so HQ was wide open (Got a merlin over it on turn 5? as a bluff).
Opponent however only made 1 run the entire game (was around 10 turns, probably less...)
In the end I scored 2 atlases, a superior cyberwalls and a high-risk investment with another cyberwalls and hades frag in hand.
The only competittion I saw was the run against the high-risk as it was a telegraphed 3-pointer, but he still had no breakers.
Nearly stuffed that though. Rezzed The Root to make sure I had credits to score with the next turn and was 1c short of rezzing the ice until I realised that Mr. Yale could trash himself in the encounter window!
Oponent's deck was interesting: seemed to be building a replicater/capstone rig but he wasn't applying any pressure even with an open HQ. Threw away a ton of recurring stealth credits and installed both plascrete and Feedback filters...
zithith

Postby zithith » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:23 pm

More lulz:

Playing Titan again.
First hand: S.Cyberwalls, Atlas, Hedge Fund, Ice Wall, The Root. (I think)
After thinking about it for a good couple of minutes I decide to keep. Possibly bad idea.
draw into galahad. Decide: screw it lets just go for this, Atlas in a remote behind ice wall, hedge fund. (Bad play should have double iced!)
Runner turn - I look at their ID, oh hell, silhouette!, nevermind even if they see the atlas won't likely to steal it.
Run HQ, access the root see the atlas - nevermind.
Run R&D, score a second Atlas - greeeat.
Run archives - can tell what it is yet?
Quest completed.
4 points and 2+ atlas counters gone. This will be tight...
Draw into Crisium (re-read the ID ability, this will stop it for a while), they don't have enough credits to trash so this goes down on HQ and it's iced quickly, phew.
They play RDI, hit R&D for another 1 pointer and then special order in Alias and Passport, throwing the third Sp order.
---> Here I feel pretty bad. in a tight spot, but know that if I can double ice the scoring remote fast I can probably get back into this.

eventually I manage to get ashigaru over R&D which i have to rez, and ice on archives too, though only an unrezzed ice wall and get another ice on the remote. scored 2 points (the cyberwalls and a firmware updates). They installed the 2 breakers they ordered and threw away breach (odd play, gave me a lot of hope). Plus datasucker, which was the reason for icing archives as it could have been painful to let that go unchecked. They also IJ R&D for another 1 point. really gritting my teeth!!!

Then they run HQ - I smile. this is going to hurt. Rez Galahad. reveal the Merlin and lancelot. Bye bye datasucker. 2 net damage*: second inside job, second breach.
They say good game and leave xD

* interesting point for jinteki.net and grail. Not supported. I had to create a separate server with merlin and make them run it to deal the damage manually.

Return to “Online Play”