Octgn League General Discussion

Moderator: king_mob

king_mob
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Octgn League General Discussion

Postby king_mob » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:08 pm

EDIT: Season 1 of the league is now live, details are in the sticky

Ants has very awesomely set up a jinteki.net league, which i thoroughly encourage people to check out: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=653

However a few of us don't normally use jinteki.net, so this thread will be for organizing a sister league on octgn.

First things first, we are all balls deep in tournament season so when is a good time for this to kick off?
Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
ants_cymru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Octgn League

Postby ants_cymru » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:26 pm

If you want to go into a well established league..stimhack has a large one on OCTGN already

http://www.challengeboards.net/boards/standings/2179

I just prefer the jinteki interface.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:01 pm

evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:29 pm

I'm hoping to get my first taste of OCTGN tonight. Assuming I don't ragequit, I'll be looking to sign up for league action. What'll the format be? Play everyone else once or twice and organise games among yourselves ?
Vapo

Postby Vapo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:34 pm

evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:15 pm

My mate cancelled, so it looks like I'll be using untested decks tomorrow!
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:18 pm

Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:01 am

Yeah, that deck is a monster :(
zithith

Postby zithith » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:13 am

Sign me up!

Personally I think just setting a league prefix ( [NRUK]? ) and saying start games as soon as we have a list of players, make a note on here and let it run until we've all played each other as each side may be best.
What do others think?
mendax

Postby mendax » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:44 pm

It's possible to bodge challengeboards into providing a never-ending league by changing the endtime manually whenever it's close.
zithith

Postby zithith » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:35 pm

king_mob

Postby king_mob » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:59 pm

Pulling this thread up again as there has been enough interest in the octgn lulz thread for a netrunners.co.uk league. We can use this thread to discuss it.

First things first: i'm no TO and i'll be honest i'm a bit baffled by ELO ladders, which is the scoring format used by challengeboard.net. Can someone give a little explanation on what they feel is the most suitable way of running the league?

Like, how many times would be ok for people to play each other? If anyone can challenge anyone else on the ladder, do you count the prestige of your opponent only for tie breaks or does that factor into your league points if you win?

I'm happy to set the board up and get word out/drum up interest (forcibly if needs be, ask anyone in the bristol meta my ID flavor text is "consummate obnoxious drunk") just a bit lost on how to best structure it.
ApeAsylum

Postby ApeAsylum » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:37 pm

build it, and they will come :D
evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:19 pm

I'd be up for something tangible and with a definite scope. i.e. an unlimited one doesn't interest me. However I'm up for a play everyone once, twice or whatever thing and after a few weeks we have a winner of season one. Then if there's appetite we can have a season two etc.
zithith

Postby zithith » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:29 pm

I'd say once a week is probably the most regular that would be achievable, depending on how many sign-ups we get?
evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:55 pm

I'd imagine it comes down to people managing to organise games among themselves? King_mob will have all his done within 24 hours and others may take a couple of months. ;)
zithith

Postby zithith » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:57 pm

After reading up it looks like the pre-fix system for game names just helps identify the games when db0 does a statistic data dump, which could be a while.
May be better to use challenge boards for the actual tracking and scores.

Though having a tag for game lobby names might help us identify and separate games.
mendax

Postby mendax » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:52 pm

You definitely want to use some other site than OCTGN for tracking results, whether that be here, challengeboards, rankade or w/e.

Tags help keep random players out o games.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:28 am

Ok cool. A lot of the actual ELO math seems to be handled by challengeboard anyway.

Hows this:

- 1 week = 1 round
- you can challenge anyone on the ladder
- you can only play the same person once during a round for the purposes of league play
- a match is playing as both corp and runner
- tag each match with [NRUK] or some thing similar

End of the "Season" a winner gets declared - how do you all want to handle tie breakers?
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:34 am

The onesie was a legitimate tactical decision.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:45 am

ApeAsylum

Postby ApeAsylum » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:03 am

top 4 then do a double elimination? twitch stream it or something. I think they did that last time for the stimhack league. Or they are planning to do it this time.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:24 pm

The onesie was a legitimate tactical decision.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:22 pm

Alrite guys think there is enough here to start, if anything comes out in the wash as a bit of a naff choice we can change it for season two :)

Ill set the challenge board out tonight, league will be live from tomorrow and run until the 18th of april. Top 4 cut and double elims are a great idea but I think a bit of a commitment considering we dont know just how many people will sign up in total.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:23 am

Challenge board is live: http://www.challengeboards.net/boards/standings/3212
Password to join up is: nruk5398

Return to “Online Play”