jinteki.net is....good?

Moderator: king_mob

king_mob
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

jinteki.net is....good?

Postby king_mob » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:03 pm

Yeah, took me by surprise as well. But its really come along since i first played it. The interface is really smooth now and everything you want automated is (within certain quantities of "everything"). Im king_mob on there too if anyone fancies a game over lunch one day.
Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
mendax
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: jinteki.net is....good?

Postby mendax » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:34 pm

There are some things still not programmed that break a lot of deck. Such as Ash.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:23 am

mendax

Postby mendax » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:02 am

You click it to rez it. If you click it again, it derezzes, because it just isn't programmed in.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:19 am

I'm sure that an ash trace is pretty easy to resolve by hand. Though it's probably pretty easy to program too. I had a go yesterday. Seems pretty good. I'll be up for lunch games. My #1 feature request would be a text box to manually change creds and stuff so you can shortcut the icebreaker interface. Otherwise a 'break all routines' button on icebreakers.
Oh that, don't worry about that, it's my negotiating tank.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:13 am

Unfortunately/fortunately i cant use jinteki at work... lunch breaks or otherwise :lol:

Probably for the best...
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:54 am

Played it a lot instead of working on my dissertation, biggest problem with it is the lag during peak hours - can be crippling at certain points.

New automation to PW and currents have really helped to keep things flowing, still needs a bit of work on cards like Crisium and ash but overall it's pretty smooth. Pretty much everything can be sorted manually if need be.
mendax

Postby mendax » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:32 am

The biggest thing it has over octgn is that it runs on linux.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:47 pm

I think im getting to the point where i prefer it to octgn, its slightly annoying in lack of right click context menus but most things have sane options when you activate them. Iv been playing masterair at lunch over the past two days and the experience has been pretty immediate, ash is annoying and there is a hard block on MU usage which can get annoying if you forget and try to recur something with clone chip - it will just trash the clone chip and not install anything.
mendax

Postby mendax » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:46 pm

SO tonight I'm on jinteki.net, I'm playing Geist, and I'm steadily getting hammered. Bring it.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:05 pm

I take it back. Jinteki.net is a festering hive of smug, 4chan neckbeard cock-thistles. 4 games today where the random opponent turned out to be a posterchild for why people think boardgaming is exclusively the remit of difficult, unsociable twats.

/rant off.

I feel better already. Will be on octgn tonight if anyone who i know is available for a game.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:22 pm

Sorry king_mob. I didn't mean to cause offence. I'm in your head.

In all seriousness. Playing randoms on the internet has never been the best way to get a good game of anything. I think the Jinteki.net interface is massively improved. I hope there's a stimhack league or similar on there soon. I find the OCTGN interface way clunkier.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:50 pm

MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:18 pm

I'd be up for a league.
mendax

Postby mendax » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:01 pm

I definitely would be.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:46 pm

If there is more than just the three of us then ill set something up.
Vapo

Postby Vapo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:02 pm

I'd definitely be up for playing some games on Jinteki.net, especially if i can get it to work at lunchtimes at work, but I don't have much interest in a league.
Ortho

Postby Ortho » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:01 am

I've been playing quite a lot on Jinteki net the last few days. It really is quite seamless - more so than Octgn I find. I'd be interested in a league if that idea is still viable.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:54 am

I think there are 2 options for a league that might function.

1) Have a rating system like ELO on challengeboards.net and play as much as you like.
2) Have a weekly arranged game.

I don't think we have enough people to make (1) feasible. You just never get a game unless you organise one on here/facebook etc. I like the idea of (2). I can set up a challonge.com bracket. People can sign up.

Part of me thinks it would work better if there was a scheduled 'league night' that people commit to. Then if a player can't make it, it's on them to find another time. Don't know how that sounds to people.

What do people think?
mendax

Postby mendax » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:13 pm

The biggest problem with regular league nights would be, perhaps ironically, regular netrunner nights locally to people. For example, Bristol is Wednesday, so I'd not want to play a league game on Wednesdays, and it's probably different around the country.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:31 pm

I get that. I think the answer is to do the next season on a different night. We can try with organising your games weekly, but my experience has always been that weeks take 2-3 weeks and everyone loses interest.
Ortho

Postby Ortho » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:46 pm

For work related reasons whilst I can often find lots of time to play at odd times of the day or night I find it very hard to reliably make the same time more than one week in a row. I'm much happier trying to schedule games on a week by week basis, but I understand that can lead to things dragging on and games getting missed.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:27 am

Is ash still buggered? a game went horribly weird after locking someone out earlier...
MOON MONEY!
mendax

Postby mendax » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:16 pm

Ash works fine.
Swiftie

Postby Swiftie » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:09 pm

Tried it once, counld not play account siphon so went back to ogctn...
If you don't like my ID, just shake it off.

Return to “Online Play”