ANRPC

tomdidiot
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: ANRPC

Postby tomdidiot » Sun May 17, 2015 10:04 pm

MasterAir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby MasterAir » Mon May 18, 2015 10:33 am

I've created a front page of a website. [url]babw.net[/url]

An email address babw.uk@gmail.com

I've listed the people who were relatively keen as tournaments. We'll sort out some more and I'll post to Facebook.
Oh that, don't worry about that, it's my negotiating tank.
tomdidiot

Postby tomdidiot » Mon May 18, 2015 11:07 am

Could you guys convince Thirsty Meeples to hold a qualifier as well? :p

Also, should we try to partner up with Stimhack and the rest of the American leagues?
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Mon May 18, 2015 11:22 am

I've already been speaking with Spags. I'll get the Stimhack seal of approval.

TM and/or Reading should host something. I don't want too many tournaments and I'd quite like to distribute them geographically. I'm sure Fillip would be interested, I'll ask next time I'm there.
tomdidiot

Postby tomdidiot » Mon May 18, 2015 11:25 am

We definitely meet a few more northern stores though - should definitely get CJ and Coop involved when we see them at Nats.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Mon May 18, 2015 11:28 am

Coop and Even have already emailed expressing interest. I'll speak to CJ, if he's ever interested in hosting an event after Nats again. Also IQ in Huddersfield is pretty big. I think they have a reasonable netrunner scene. I think we're going!
Vinegarymink

Postby Vinegarymink » Mon May 18, 2015 12:58 pm

Wayland's Forge in Birmingham have expressed an interest in being part of this. They'll email you at some point I'm sure
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Mon May 18, 2015 1:11 pm

Cool. I was about to contact them. Thanks VinegaryMink.
Explosive VI

Postby Explosive VI » Mon May 18, 2015 1:48 pm

I've exchanged a few emails with Dan about possibly hosting one here in Chichester. Just waiting on some information from the venue I'd need to hire.

Jon
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Mon May 18, 2015 2:01 pm

Has there been any discussion on additonal prize support yet? Alt-arts seem to be a really funky thing to do, especially as they will be effectively ultra-rare past each BABW series. 3x alts per qualifier seems sensible, thoughts? Im sticking this here as im sure many veteran players will be able to suggest alternative prize support or similarly decent swag for each qualifier.
Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Mon May 18, 2015 2:10 pm

I've got a load of alt art IDs that Spags sent me. I have no idea what the copyright situation is and I don't want to get in trouble, but I'll probably get a different ID printed for each tournament (x64?) maybe with a [BABW] back. Alt arts are safe and desirable. There's no problem with not recognising them on access.

I really want to get some mats printed. One for the TO and one for the Winner of each qualifier. But I'd need an image to go on the front. I have no idea how to move this forward... Obviously this all has costs associated. I don't want to spend too much money.
Vinegarymink

Postby Vinegarymink » Mon May 18, 2015 2:11 pm

Dan got a deal with Inked playmats for the SSCI and while this won't have as big of an audience you still might be able to strike a deal and make it worth the cost. I'd look into that stuff first and establish that it's a good use of resources before considering images and such.

Another option is to bulk buy blank playmats and find an artist to customise them in some way.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Mon May 18, 2015 2:31 pm

I was thinking mats, as the print cost for 2x mats per qualifier may be comparable to 4x cards per qualifier (3x for top 3 + 1x to keep the TO sweet). I keep badgering a mate of mine everytime im drunk to do some art for a playmat, if we want something nifty and custom: https://www.artstation.com/artist/sebastianclark

I'll ask him about rates.
Last edited by king_mob on Mon May 18, 2015 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Mon May 18, 2015 2:31 pm

Patriot Games do custom playmats according to their website (I noticed this whilst buying the regional ticket awhile ago), so getting them printed the right side of the atlantic isn't an issue, might be worth approaching them.

Of course this doesn't solve the content of the playmat... Depending on how minimalistic you want the designs to be I can try to photoshop some fancy looking text and a patterned background, but if it's actual art you want... not so much! If minimalistic isn't what you're going for, I can't help there either :D
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Mon May 18, 2015 2:47 pm

Cool, I'll hit up Patriot Games and see if they can help us out.

Is anyone in touch with Esdevium? I'd like to get a feel for whether or not they'd like to be involved before I get in touch.
Explosive VI

Postby Explosive VI » Mon May 18, 2015 2:52 pm

I've got a trade account though I don't really think it will make much difference than if you just went direct yourself. I'm happy to ask my account handler if you like but the organised play is controlled by someone else as far as I know.
mendax

Postby mendax » Mon May 18, 2015 3:05 pm

Some of the Spags Alt-arts are a bit skeevy, if they're the same as the ones that appeared on facebook (thinking of CT in particular here, since she is so young).
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Mon May 18, 2015 3:06 pm

Yes, there are some terrible ones. I'm not going to use them. There are also quite a lot of really good ones.
Vinegarymink

Postby Vinegarymink » Mon May 18, 2015 3:09 pm

Link to the images?
mendax

Postby mendax » Mon May 18, 2015 3:14 pm

Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Mon May 18, 2015 3:36 pm

I'm in discussion with Johno for Reading at the mo. When we've discussed more, will talk with Eclectic games. Depending on what happens, we might coordinate with Oxford. I've got some ideas kicking around about prize support.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Mon May 18, 2015 3:39 pm

Awesome. Reading and Oxford should coordinate. I can't justify giving both a tournament. I'm possibly going to have to turn some people away. This is a totally unexpected occurrence.
lpoulter

Postby lpoulter » Mon May 18, 2015 6:35 pm

Why do we have to turn people away? Surely the more feeder tournaments the better? Who knows we may send another,another Brit to worlds.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Mon May 18, 2015 10:00 pm

Good point. My dual concerns are that the Final becomes unwieldy and that we don't want the tournaments competing with each other. But you're probably right, the more the merrier!

Maybe a cap of 50 for the finals?
tomdidiot

Postby tomdidiot » Mon May 18, 2015 10:35 pm

Return to “Netrunner Discussion”