LF: Article Submissions

Chimpster
Site Admin

LF: Article Submissions

Postby Chimpster » Tue May 24, 2016 9:01 am

We've got a few tournament pieces in the pipeline but I'd really like to roll out some more regular content now that we have a great team to help get it all online.

So with that in mind, I've got a few ideas for regular article columns that people could become involved with.

1) Set Reviews (but different)
I don't think I like the rating out of five system that we did before, but I did like some of the comments and thoughts on cards from different players. I would propose that the reviewers talk about their favourite interactions with each card of a new set. Perhaps how any given card could be used or splashed in the formation of a deck. Obviously talking about whether the card might be high impact on the competitive scene might be useful too, but I would love a much broader look on each card overall.

Multiple people could definitely get involved in this one, each stating their own thoughts about each card (though it might be worth communicating with the rest of the team so that you don't repeat too often) and discussing their favourite interactions.

2) Unusual flavour of the month
I started to do this but got a little bit sidetracked as usual. I like the idea of picking a deck that has done fairly well competitively (made a cut for instance) but that might be a little bit left field. Again, I would imagine that this would look at some of the more unusual interactions, card choices and piloting advice.

3) State of the meta
This is a competitive column that will look at some of the popular deck choices and possible solutions or strategies for dealing with them. Keeping this one fairly open ended but I'd love to bring in some of the more competitive player in on this for their opinions!

These are three regular ideas that could keep rolling into any given month/couple of months. Obviously, one off articles are still absolutely fantastic to receive, so please don't be put off by that either.

Let me know your thoughts chaps and if you'd like to take a particular aspect on. If someone has already volunteered for a particular column, please don't be put off putting your name down for it too, these columns are intentionally broad so as to allow for multiple perspectives.

Thanks in advances peeps!
GuyCliquil

Re: LF: Article Submissions

Postby GuyCliquil » Tue May 24, 2016 2:29 pm

I am more than happy to froth about cards that other people will deride me for thinking are wonderful.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Tue May 24, 2016 3:10 pm

Guy, from the start of the next cycle, let's do a collaborative set review article. I can trash every card and you can talk it up.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Tue May 24, 2016 3:12 pm

Ha! Amazing!

Could we randomly switch for cards that are clearly good?
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Tue May 24, 2016 3:17 pm

Maybe.
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Tue May 24, 2016 3:29 pm

I'm happy to help wherever as normal. However I'd be keen to help someone else get started as well if anyone is interested in a particular area but doesn't feel confident enough to just give it a go.
unitled

Postby unitled » Wed May 25, 2016 1:24 pm

An idea that has come up on the slack is some pointers for running fan tournaments. Bring in some people like Tagore, Dan, Cj, Richard Hammond (not that one) and, well, me and Seamus, give some general advice on venue, prizes, structure; that kind of thing.
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.

Return to “Announcements”