[Chester] New Player - Cheshire

Chester, Lancaster, Liverpool, Manchester, Stockport, Widnes

Moderators: glaivemaster, Umbraldancer, metagaia, Rave, JackieMoon

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
khadorred
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[Chester] New Player - Cheshire

Postby khadorred » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:34 pm

Hi there guys.

Just thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself. My name's Alex... I live in Knutsford which, while a little way from Chester, makes you guys the nearest group to me.

Up until this point I have only really played tabletop wargames, mainly Warmachine and Hordes, but I have recently been exposed to Netrunner and I'm hooked! So far I've got a couple of starter boxes, what lies ahead and creation & control.

I mainly play on a Tuesday night. We have a gaming club in winsford and currently there is just me and another chap playing, although a couple of guys have shown interest and one even has a starter that he is yet to do anything with.

I would like to have a go at some tournaments at some point too. Are there any upcoming that you are aware of?

I can't really think of anything else to say at moment so I'm going to "jack out" for now ;P

I look forward to hearing from you...
ZomB

Re: New Player - Cheshire

Postby ZomB » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:25 am

There is also a group at Fanboy3 in Manchester near Piccadilly station that meets on a Wednesday evening. Gets half a dozen players typically.

Plus there is the fun "Honor and Profit" tournament this Saturday (28th June). Text below copied from the Facebook event:

Fanboy3, 17 Newton Street, M1 1FZ Manchester, United Kingdom

Money is honest. Credits may be cold, uncaring, heartless abstractions, but they offer an unavoidable truth: The more, the better.”
–Iain Stirling

With our new Jinteki sponsors creating some extra-special competitions ( ;) ), we're giving them a chance to shine!

Join us as we show you all the wonderful breakthroughs of Jinteki's new Healthcare plans.
Yet, there are reports that the Criminals don't like how Jinteki run things. So, we'll see how those hackers enjoy some...private healthcare ;)

TOURNAMENT RESTRICTIONS:
ALL SETS LEGAL (Standard)
CORPORATION IDENTITY MUST BE JINTEKI
RUNNER IDENTITY MUST BE CRIMINAL

£5 entry fee and we start at 11.30pm PROMPT.
Tournament is the usual swiss - 3-5 rounds depending on numbers.

Prizes are data packs and a game night kit. This is your chance to win those Promo HB and Wyldside!
khadorred

Postby khadorred » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:06 am

Thanks for the reply.

I saw that event at Fanboy on their site but unfortunately I'm busy next Saturday. :(

Do they often host events at Fanboy?
ZomB

Postby ZomB » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:54 pm

metagaia

Postby metagaia » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:39 pm

Hello Alex nice to meet you!

As ZomB mentioned, Fanboy3 has regular meetups of their own on a Wednesday, slightly too far for me to attend sadly.

The Chester group has no plans to hold a tournament atm, we don't feel our community is large enough yet to support such a thing, but it is something we atre thinking of in the next couple of months.

You are always welcome to attend our Wednesday nights at the Forest House in Chester, there are about 4 of who currently attend on a regular basis (all of whom have all or nearly all of the cards), but more are always welcome. PM me if you want my contact details to make sure you find us.

Not currently free on Tuesday nights, but if I am I might see if I can pop into Winsford myself.

Hope to meet you on the cyber battlefield!

Chris.
Radish

Postby Radish » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:25 am

Hey all,

My name is Jacco and I've recently moved to Twemlow Green. Not sure how long I'll be here (temporary move, long story), but I figured I may as well try and make the best of the time I am here. I'm a new player, although I've had the game for a long time and have been keeping up with the expansions. After all, it feels cheaper to spend about 10-12 pounds a month rather than to try and catch up. :) I just haven't had much opportunities for playing anywhere. Anyway, I'm hoping to drop by some time in the near future, to hopefully finally get some games in and really learn how to play. Knowing the rules and actually playing are two very different things after all.
Cheers,
Jacco
metagaia

Postby metagaia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:53 pm

Return to “North West”