8/3/2015 Gloucester SC 7/22: 'We missed'

Panda with issues...

8/3/2015 Gloucester SC 7/22: 'We missed'

Postby Panda with issues... » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:10 am

Up to and including Order and Chaos

Background:

After receiving a most bodacious beatdown from Brendan at the Reading GNK on the Saturday, Gordon and I picked our scorched carcasses off the floor, dusted ourselves off, and prepared to redeem ourselves/rub salt in the wound by representing the NeoReading Collective at the Cheltenham and Gloucester Store Championship (affiliated with Proud Lion). Early start for us, but the early bird catches the datasucker, or parasite, or something... It was a long day...

It was about an hour and a half for us down the M4 on a pretty Sunday morning. I was having post-Brendan blues, and a crisis of Yellow Faith. Gordon and I discussed it in the car, but eventually I was going to have to make a decision on what decks to run. I had run NEH and Kim at Reading, and posted solid but unspectacular results. Eventually I gave in, and decided to run the Titan Transactional Twins jank deck (Dien Tran), it was going to be the only way to see if I enjoyed playing it, and I fancied something a little different from Astroscript roulette.

Deck Lists:

Runner:

Identity
Kate "Mac" McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Event (21)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
2x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
2x Indexing (Future Proof)
2x Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow)
2x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
2x The Maker's Eye (Core Set)
3x Lucky Find (Double Time) •• •• ••
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit) ••

Hardware (10)
2x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
3x Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Icebreaker (7)
1x Mimic (Core Set) •
2x Cerberus "Lady" H1 (All That Remains)
1x Sharpshooter (True Colors)
2x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)

Program (5)
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
1x D4v1d (The Spaces Between) ••••
1x Parasite (Core Set) ••

Resource (3)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Total Cards: 46
Total Influence: 15
Acoo: Android Netrunner Deck Builder

Corp:

Identity
Titan Transnational: Investing In Your Future (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (9)
2x Priority Requisition (Core Set)
2x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)
2x High-Risk Investment (Order and Chaos)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) • • •

ICE (19)
3x Enigma (Core Set)
3x Lancelot (First Contact) • • •
3x Galahad (Upstalk) • • •
3x Merlin (All That Remains) • • •
1x Excalibur (The Source)
3x Archer (Core Set)
3x Ice Wall (Core Set)

Operation (11)
3x Beanstalk Royalties (Core Set)
2x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
1x Archived Memories (Core Set) ••
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Interns (Mala Tempora)

Upgrade (7)
3x Corporate Troubleshooter (Core Set) • • •
2x Crisium Grid (First Contact)
2x The Twins (Order and Chaos)

Total Cards: 49
Total Influence: 17
Acoo: Android Netrunner Deck Builder

The Venue:

Venue was the Gloucester Deaf Association. Despite building works, an excellent venue. Toilets were clean (and plenty of them), loads of space, more than adequately heated. Easy car parking for us since we drove, easy access for foodstuffs. Enough said. With more tables could have hosted a huge event I think, if necessary.

Organisation and Attendance:

Excellent organisation from the minds behind this very forum. Dan did sterling double duty as TO and making an even set of numbers so no one got byes. The prize support was quite frankly disgusting (in a good way), and it was almost worth the trip to see a supermarket style rack of deck boxes, swathe of playmats and a vast array of alt art cards being plowed back into the community by former winners. There was drool visible on many faces as I think I counted 2 promo Noises, a Building a Better World, a Scorch, a Melange, an Adonis, and not one, not two, but THREE(!) Chronos Protocol Making News' (the sexiest promo of ALL). Thanks to all who donated!

A great attendance of 22, with the C+G locals turning out in force, players from around the South West including Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter, ourselves from Reading, some familiar faces for myself from my pre-Christmas trip to Bristol, and even two all the way from Norwich.

The player count resolved to 5 rounds of Swiss and a cut to the top 4 DE.

Swiss:

Game 1: Vs Si (C+G local?), playing NEH and Quetzal.

I ended up running first. Si iced up and I started prodding servers. I hit a Data Raven on R+D and obviously jack out, hmm it's like that is it... I pull an NAPD from HQ, but this leaves me with hardly any money. I kept a hand with solid pressure tools, but less economy. I keep pestering Si's HQ and spot a scorch. Definitely like that then... This slows me down significantly as I need to be able to sustain a Snare/Psychic field hit and clear the tag. Si installs in a 2 iced remote. I wonder if this is the start of the Astroscripts, but I don't think I can get in, I leave it and prod HQ until I find a Breaking News. There's still time, as there's no Astroscript scored, so I turn my attention to R+D. I spend a few turns solidifying economy, and then install Atman at S4 for the data raven, index Si and find the agendas I need with The Maker's Eye. Poor Si checked his deck postgame and found the 3 San Sans huddled together at the bottom of the deck. I assumed he wasn't running Biotic Labour since I saw scorch, but it's always rough when you don't see your fast advance tools, especially against shaper who can sit on SMCs with potential access anywhere.

We move on to the reverse matchup. We both see a lot of economy early and are both rich. I think Si scores a High Risk Investment from R+D.I eventually seal up and start building some upgrades in HQ. Unfortunately I didn't get to see what Si had to offer from the Quetzal ID as he impaled himself on a Troubleshootered piece of Lancelot with two 2 net damage merlin subs, I promptly used the Twins to force him to encounter it all over again and flatline him. Wombo combo success (only one all day). Si was a great bloke , and we had a postgame discussion of Quetzal post Order and Chaos.

ImageImageImage
Some say it's an unconventional relationship, but they make it work...

Game 2: Vs Stephen P (Birmingham), playing Nisei Division and Chaos Theory.

I'd had 2 very tight, engaging games vs Stephen the last time I went to Birmingham for a tournament, both ending in close losses for me, so it was good to face him again. He was a very sporting opponent then and gave me a lift back to the station (the trains were crap, but that was hardly his fault!). We settled down and I opted to run first. I knew what his Nisei deck was about, with a net damage threat, cerebral casts for brain damage/tag and the inevitable scorch/ronin on low hand size for the non AP win condition. We both opted to mulligan, and I proceeded to start running, carefully. I hit The Future Perfect from hand early, and managed to win the Psi game, putting me in a good position as Stephen started slow advancing remotes, and scored a mushinned TFP I think. I got a Fetal AI before it got advanced, and I knew I was in a great position, at this point it looked like I needed to do something with the advanced remotes, as Stephen had one on 4, which was either a Ronin or an amazingly bluffed Cerebral overwriter/junebug, and another on 3, threatening the double ronin win. I checked the one with less counters first and found another Fetal AI for the game. Stephen said he'd ended up flooded after the mulligan, so he'd just had to make do and push out what he could.

The flip left the Titan twins against CT. I mulliganed into a hand with a single piece of ice and 2 agendas, it hurts to have to ice HQ against a shaper, and sure enough Stephen saw 5 points off the top of R+D, leaving me on the brink from turn 1. I got the agendas back through R+D with Jackson, and sealed up R+D, while Stephen set up a really interesting economy engine of Snitch +2x Au Revoir. I'd not seen this before, but it essentially nets you some information and X credits (X=no. of Au Revoirs) for a single click. So, he knew a lot of information about my ice. I scored a Hostile to turn on the Archer threat, but Stephen then put down an SMC, which was going to wreck my day. I'm not precisely sure what Stephen's decision making process looked like, but he used it for the 3rd Au revoir to complete his economy engine, which left me with a scoring window and a sigh of relief. I wonder if Stephen felt like he still had time, as he was sat on 5 points and was 1 potential access away from the win. Maybe he saw the grail ice and decided to play things carefully? Not sure. I scored an Atlas with one counter, and drew into a second 3 pointer. At this point I had the points I needed on tap. Unfortunately Stephen proceeded to find what he needed to establish an R+D lock with an R+D interface. I had some decisions to make, since I knew I had the points to win (atlas for second hostile). Stephen didn't know, but 5/9 agendas were accounted for for me, so I elected to go for it and push out the 3 pointer, and just hope R+D was kind, since he was only getting 1 fresh access a turn. My heart was in my throat, but he didn't find anything in the 2 turns it took to score the 5/3, and I atlased the second hostile for the win. Revenge after my 2 losses in Birmingham, though the second game was a real nailbiter! Look forward to a decider some point in the future Stephen!

ImageImage
This is Pruneface levels of mad science...

Game 3: Vs Hazel (Norwich) Kate and Jinteki PE

Dave Hoyland has dropped a game, and gets drawn against Gordon - Good luck Gordon mate, this is what we came for, an excellent tournament with the chance to play some of the best Netrunner players the UK has to offer. Gordon got his shot in round 3.

I ended corping first (I think, it's a bit hazy). Second consecutive game I lost 5 points quickly from R+D. Squid's sake R+D... Up against the wall again. I block off R+D with some grail ice, and Hazel sits back to rig up a bit with prepaids etc, I score a hostile to sort my econ out and switch on the archer threat. I try and score a 3 pointer behind the archer, Hazel senses the win, and stumbles into it. She looks through her heap for clone chip options and takes a minute or 2 of assessment, then decides she can't break it. I trash her cyber cypher, and another program I can't remember, leaving her with a datasucker, and me with a 2 counter High Risk Investment. I have a scoring window, but no agendas, I dig and dig with Jackson, but can't find one. Hazel rigs back up, and puts out the SMC and goes for a legwork, I troubleshoot a lancelot to put it beyond her potential Atman + sucker strength, and she loses her rig for a second time and takes some net damage. I keep digging and still can't find an agenda. Hazel inside jobs HQ (sweet, unexpected splash out of shaper) but doesn't see anything. SOT inside job still can't find anything, because I can't draw an agenda. I finally find an Atlas, and attempt to score it, but shaper recursion is too strong and Hazel gets through for the win. Really tight game where Hazel kept really calm despite 2 major setbacks and really showed the resiliency of Shapers to pull out the win and hand me my first loss of the day.

The second leg is Kate vs PE. I have no idea what to expect from this game, as Hazel is the only one playing the ID. I get my prepaid economy going as Hazel starts icing up. She already has more ice than I'd expect from the Chris Hinkes style PE, and so I'm definitely in a world of unknowns. I score a House of Knives from HQ after finding an SMC to run with a bit of confidence. Hazel is too poor to threaten a snare and I score a Fetal AI and maybe a clone retirement from HQ with a legwork I think? Hazel hits me a scored House of Knives, and I begin to take cuts on runs. Hazel scores a clone retirement. I find the pieces I need. I set up for the indexing win. I draw up to be able to survive double Fetal, then index finding a top of R+D snare (thank squid for indexing) and 3 2 pointers, maker's eye for the win.

Overdrawing before running is still good...

Gordon, despite being an excellent player in his own right, got 2-0d by The King, and at 5-1 Hazel and I sit back and wonder which of us will get to face the juggernaut of Dave Hoyland next... The draw gets made, and in the only slight mistake I saw all day Hazel and I get drawn against each other again. It's quickly rectified, and we're offered a choice of two face down record sheets. I draw Dan (the TO, having an excellent day himself at 6-0) and Hazel draws the UK no.1.

Game 4: Vs Dan (C+G) Playing Kate and Blue Sun.

We sit down at the kitchen counter area for a bit more space, and I thank Dan for what had been an excellently run tournament. He's pulling double duty to make up the numbers to an even mix, and has still found the headspace to go 6-0 which is really hard as a TO, where your concentration is pulled in multiple different directions.

I end up corping first, and get some serious agenda flood, mulligan and don't get a much better hand, at least it has some ice. I've score a Hostile and put an Atlas down in a 2 deep scoring remote. 5 or 6 points of agendas still in HQ, and not a Jackson in sight... Dan indexes me, and I have a hard decision to make, regarding whether to rez ice, I need the credits to protect both HQ and the scoring remote. I've located 4/9 agendas in my deck already, and I opt to let him through. He goes again and scores an Atlas, in what proved to be the right decision from me. I score my Atlas, and wonder what is coming next. Dan slaps down an SMC and a legwork, and I have 4 cards and 5 or 6 points of agendas in HQ, I can't remember which. I use the Atlas token to pull a hedge fund from deck to pad out HQ and give me more of a shot, but Dan pulls what he needs, it's all over in 10 minutes.

We go to the flip, and he sets up his BS deck. Kate hasn't failed me so far, and I need her to come through again for me in my first match against Weyland of the day. I SMC and hit a firewall over HQ, and bounce I think. Hit a Datapike over R+D. Dan bounces the firewall, ices up HQ and builds a remote. I index and get 5 points in a priority req and an NAPD. Dan scores an NAPD of his own in the remote as I recover my economy. SMC into legwork and Dan slaps down his agenda flooded HQ and we shake hands, after what was essentially an exact replication of the first game. We're all done by 20 mins, we do a little influence breakdown on our Kate decks, and discuss the merits of PPVP vs Dan's Aesop's economy. We have so much time as everyone else is on their first game, and have a look at the stats for the ID breakdowns etc for the tournament. Discuss how great the community is, blah blah. It's all gladhanding and self congratulations and 'isn't UK netrunner in a good place' as we take a bit of valued time to relax after some unusually short games. Dan tells me he completed a Maths PhD and we have a laugh as I say I finished my PhD last year, and that this game obviously appeals to the same sort of people.

ImageImage
Punishment incorporated.

I'm sat at 6-2 on what I feel is a fairly solid strength of schedule. Hazel is doing well. Si is having a solid performance, though Stephen is having a less fortunate run. We all cheer as Hazel takes a timed win over The King with her J:PE. I reckon a split will leave me with a strong shot at the cut.

Final round of Swiss: 'You come at the King, you best not miss' - I finally get my shot at Dave Hoyland playing RP and Leela.

I'll be honest, despite the gentle smack talk across the net, I knew that these were going to be really hard games. Gordon is a better player than I am, and he was cut down like wheat. I've not played against Leela at all yet, since the NeoReading Collective's most prominent Criminal players are Gordon (who had been busy at work and had taken up with MaxX) and Mike who is often not available on our Tuesday night meet ups, and has just had a sprog. RP is a hard game pretty much whatever is in the deck, and I'd lost a brutal game against Gordon's grail RP deck on the Saturday at Reading. You only get better by playing good players so I settled in knowing that I'd get some lessons out of the games, no matter what happened.

I end up corping first, and Dave starts prodding servers with a faerie, which hits a Lancelot on R+D. Not sure if rezzing both central ice was a good idea, and normally I wouldn't rez over HQ until the Siphon, but I have severe agenda flood, and I'm also not happy with the prospects of getting my unrezzed ice bounced by Leela's ID ability, which would almost certainly proc against my flooded HQ. I set up a remote with some upgrades in the root, Dave scores an Atlas from R+D and bounces an upgrade back to HQ. I have an Archer Dave has seen, I score an Atlas in the remote, Dave bounces the other upgrade. I get siphoned, but it's not the end of the world for my economy. I Atlas for a hostile and score it to reboot my economy, as well as switch on the archer threat. An extra ice over R+D gets bounced. I have to discard a bunch of stuff. I install upgrades and Dave prods at HQ, pulling a 3 pointer. Upgrade bounced. I try to keep my face impassive as there's still loads of agendas in HQ. Dave keeps poking and finds what he needed for the win. First game against Leela was quite rough, it's not just the ID ability to push stuff back to reset the board state, it's also the discarding you are often forced into, which was especially painful when I was trying to hold grail ice in hand. Worth thinking about unconventional scores next game, leaving yourself with a click left to reinstall a piece of ice etc.

Settle in for the usual monster drain of a game against RP. Can't find much tutoring which isn't fun against grail. I'm cobbling together a rig of scavenged cyber cyphers with the odd lady etc, and eventually I pull a Nisei from HQ which is a good start at least. Econ is fine which is a nice silver lining. Dave scores a TFP and I get a parasite down on a piece of grail ice on his scoring server (galahad I think). Dave slaps a caprice on HQ, in addition to the unrezzed one in his scoring server. Puts a crisium on R+D. I take a punt at his HQ but get rebuffed by the Psi game. I run R+D to trash the crisium, taking the net damage from a tsurugi with impunity, because there's nothing of value right now in hand, and to be quite honest, I can clone chip stuff in mid run if necessary, it's probably better off in the heap right now. Dave interns' the crisium, and any chance at a good rummage through R+D goes away. He installs advances. I make a moderately taxing bounce run on hq and scavenge the cyber cypher to his scoring server to deal with merlins there. I'm banking on no ETR. I get through losing the cyber cypher and surviving the net damage, but i'm one credit short of being able to play a full psi game and still steal an NAPD. At least I force the Caprice rez, trashing the one on HQ, giving me some access options there. I know that if it's an NAPD, Dave will pay 2 on the Psi game to make me unable to steal, I elect to pay 2, so at least I can trash the damn Caprice. Sure enough, he pays 2, I pay two, I kill Caprice and sure enough find the NAPD, which I can't steal, next turn Dave scores the NAPD. I reboot my economy, and am full of hard choices. Eventually I opt to legwork, to at least check there's no third agenda in HQ, despite knowing that 2/3 cards are grail ice, and I can get in as Caprice is gone. I see the two expected pieces of grail ice, and a third grail. Postgame Gordon and I discussed this, and I'm willing to admit it was a mistake, but at the time I didn't want to risk a winning agenda chained through when I had a shot to check all three cards without a psi game. Dave interns Caprice back on to the scoring server, and then IAs the winning agenda. I have nothing, I levy as an efficient way of drawing 5 cards, but it's all she wrote.

Roll on rotation!

I came at the king, and missed! (By about a mile :D )
I was confident that 6-4 wasn't going to be enough, and I was firmly put in the dirt by a better player for the second day of the weekend. I look forward to a Brendon vs Dave heavyweight showdown at Regionals or Nats...

Still, learned loads about what I need to do better (especially with the Leela game) and Gordon and I will pick ourselves up again, go back to deck testing, and look to represent the NeoReading collective next tournament. We both ended up 6-4, with me finishing 7th and him finishing 9th. If you could splice together his corp play (4-1 with RP) and my runner play (4-1 with Kate, both those losses to Mr Hoyland) Reading might have a legitimate contender...

I snagged an amazing alt art Making News for my troubles, and there were prizes galore. Loads of people came away with something, as those of us who already had deck boxes, Chaos Theorys and playmats let them slide further down the line. Everyone had a great day and the organisation was amazing. It's not TOO far for us to come and I'm sure you'll see us return again for a tournament later in the year. It was great to meet and put faces to names from these very forums, as well as touch base with people I'd met previously like the guys from Birmingham. Thanks to everyone involved, and hopefully we'll see you again at regionals etc.

Still the sexiest promo (thanks Chris!).

Gordon and I settled in to watch Dave Hoyland terminate the top 4 and then headed back to Reading, doing deck analysis and breakdowns in the car.

Deck discussions:

Happy with the performance of Kate. Single loss to the UK national champ suggests the deck is working fine.

The Titan jank on the other hand, well, I'd only played one game with it before the tournament, so it was a baptism of fire. It felt like everyone was pretty much ready to deal with Grail, and from that perspective it didn't catch many off guard. The troubleshooter did excellent work though, spitting people on grail ice for flatlines or rig wrecks. The deck needs more practice, and needs some time to set up, as it mostly lost by leaking lots of points early, then losing to the final potshot or remote snipe as I misjudged a scoring window. I'll give it more play. I probably would have had a better record with NEH, but you can't learn about a deck without at least trying it in a competitive environment. Credit to Dien Tran, who basically build the deck I was trying to build, and I just looked at his version and scrapped mine for his, with only a couple of minor personal taste tweaks.
Last edited by Panda with issues... on Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Brendan

Re: 8/3/2015 Gloucester SC 7/22: 'We missed'

Postby Brendan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:38 am

I'm really looking forward to hearing the rest of the report, James - even if the headline is not an encouraging one!
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:34 pm

Updated and completed.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:48 pm

Yup, everyone gunning for Dave H these days - and he keeps fending off all attempts! He schools me every time we meet, so I wouldn't worry about it. ;)
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:49 pm

Sad i didnt get to play against you all day James, but a really nice report and solid playing in some tight corners! Nice to meet you in person!
Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:54 pm

Good write up, sad I couldn't be there but really happy with how it went!

We will probably try and host another tournament in the not too distant future, though it's much easier to run one Wednesday evening as we don't have to hire the venue out. Keep an eye out on the forums and I'll try and organise something soon :)

Brendan wrote:Yup, everyone gunning for Dave H these days - and he keeps fending off all attempts! He schools me every time we meet, so I wouldn't worry about it. ;)

Yeah, there's little doubt that he deserves every inch of his nationals crown, having him in the local meta is a real boon for us, helps us mere mortals sharpen our skills up!
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:00 pm

Who finished 3rd in nationals last year? I've played three of last year's top four now in Dave, Brendan and Iain, and they're all amazing players...
mendax

Postby mendax » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:29 pm

I see reports like this, and just get steadily more amazed that I haven't yet been swept by Dave, in competitive events at least (2 corp splits).
Vinegarymink

Postby Vinegarymink » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:19 pm

Yeah we had runner splits when I played him in Worcester

Xenasis 2-0d him in that tournament though, so I reckon he's actually the one you should fear.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:59 pm

Panda with issues... wrote:Who finished 3rd in nationals last year? I've played three of last year's top four now in Dave, Brendan and Iain, and they're all amazing players...

John Thornby, I think.
Will dance for Laurie Points
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:04 pm

Nemamiah wrote:
Panda with issues... wrote:Who finished 3rd in nationals last year? I've played three of last year's top four now in Dave, Brendan and Iain, and they're all amazing players...

John Thornby, I think.

Nah, Rob Syratt from Manchester.

Vinegarymink wrote:Yeah we had runner splits when I played him in Worcester

Xenasis 2-0d him in that tournament though, so I reckon he's actually the one you should fear.

In my opinion there is very little difference between me and a large number of other highly skilled players in the UK.
I'm just very well known because of Nationals/Worlds and this site.
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:01 pm

For those that care, my deck lists:

Jinteki RP - The Crusade
Leela Patel - Endless Waltz

I'm pretty sure these are top tier or close to it, they have bad match ups, but they are uncommon in the current meta.
I'd be interested to hear folks thoughts on them. :)
mendax

Postby mendax » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:49 pm

I still can't help but feel like Leela is the runner analogue to PE* - not the most powerful, but one of the most difficult to accurately play against.

*PE before O&C anyway, as i think it's struggling a lot more now than it was around Worlds time.
Synaesthesia

Postby Synaesthesia » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:07 am

mendax wrote:I still can't help but feel like Leela is the runner analogue to PE* - not the most powerful, but one of the most difficult to accurately play against.

*PE before O&C anyway, as i think it's struggling a lot more now than it was around Worlds time.

There are some ace cards in O&C that really helped my PE deck along in Gloucester. Get an early Housekeeping out on the runner and it hurts.
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:30 am

Synaesthesia wrote:
mendax wrote:I still can't help but feel like Leela is the runner analogue to PE* - not the most powerful, but one of the most difficult to accurately play against.

There are some ace cards in O&C that really helped my PE deck along in Gloucester. Get an early Housekeeping out on the runner and it hurts.

Your PE deck was quite unique, which is good as it keeps people off balance.
Would you mind sharing it? (unless it's top secret)
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:07 am

Synaesthesia wrote:Get an early Housekeeping out on the runner and it hurts.

That was genuinely horrible to see so early on. I had a great starting hand and then had to cross out half of it to get the other half onto the table.
Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
zithith

Postby zithith » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:30 am

Synaesthesia wrote:Get an early Housekeeping out on the runner and it hurts.

I would make some annoyed comment on this, but it's a great strategy and I run it in 2 of my Weyland decks.
I just loved paying 2 credits for an essentially blank Itinerant Protestors just to clear that!

Would echo Dave's comments, great deck, would love to see the full list :)
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:08 pm

Synaesthesia wrote:

That's a sweet splash for sure. You (and Stephen) were a little unfortunate running in to me, as we had a month or so last year in Reading where a few of us were dissecting Hinkes jinteki, so I was more than prepared for the matchup in terms of the potential threats, even if I wasn't sure exactly what was going on in your deck. I wonder whether checkpoint would be a good splash too?
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:04 pm

Does anyone know Derek (the guy who came 2nd) surname?
Need to let FFG know apparently!
zithith

Postby zithith » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:46 pm

And that Snitch/Au Revoir economy is "inspired"!
Shame I didn't come across that on the day...

Checkpoint is certainly a splash for some jinteki deck, I've slotted it into one of mine. Think it was my Tenin Deck...
mendax

Postby mendax » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:37 am

Snitch + Au Revoir won an SC in the USA, and was NRDB deck of the week, which is probably why you saw it at the weekend.

Return to “Tournament Reports”