Netrunners needs you!

Chimpster
Site Admin

Netrunners needs you!

Postby Chimpster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:24 am

I'm aware that activity on the site/forums/twitter/facebook has dropped off in line with my own hectic schedule this year and I think it's time to deploy a few more admins to different aspects of the site to keep it active and engaging. Equally, I'd like the site to be able to function without me. While I'm not planning on going anywhere, it's good to ensure some continuity for the future, especially because I'm pretty proud of what I've made here.

So I would like to recruit community members into the following roles:

1) Netrunner news and global moderators (forum based) x 2
I would like two people to trawl the internet for relevant Netrunner news and post up anything on the general section that piques their interest. The idea is generate more general discussion and drive more content overall. I think it's an area where I've really been falling down and one that could make a big difference to the forums boards.

2) Site content manager (web based)
I need someone else to help me upload articles onto the website (along with relevant social media/reddit advertsing) from those that are kind enough to make the content in the first place. The webbuilder (one.com hosting) is very comprehensive and I can talk through the process to make it as clear as possible. Any web expertise would be appreciated here, especially as my own is so limited!

3) Social media manager (twitter/facebook based)
I would like someone to help me spread the word on our twitter and facebook pages so I can generate more activity around the site and forums (and more followers because I'm a numbers whore). I don't want to spam the world, but I realise that my own efforts are lacking so many hands make light work.

Requirements for all roles:
Must be a registered and active forum member (doubly so for news roles). Twitter and facebook admin must be familiar with both and preferably be on them already ;)

Please don't be offended if I don't choose you for the role and equally, don't apply if you don't think you'll have the time to do it. I can't see them being especially time consuming but obviously there is a time commitment of sorts (I expect the news roles to be the biggest commitment but hopefully nothing too arduous).

Thanks in advance folks for all you do, here's to another great year of Netrunner :)
Chimpster
Site Admin

Re: Netrunners needs you!

Postby Chimpster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:43 am

Worth mentioning that one of the forum news/mods might make a good social media guru too, definite crossover there but obviously a bigger job :)

Either post here or pop me a PM if any of the roles grab your interest!
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:02 am

Chimpster wrote:Worth mentioning that one of the forum news/mods might make a good social media guru too, definite crossover there but obviously a bigger job :)

Either post here or pop me a PM if any of the roles grab your interest!

Need to get some team NRUK tshirts/hoodies on the go bud - Incentives! ;)

Happy to offer my general help- Probably better at assisting with publishing then anything else.
shanodin

Postby shanodin » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:11 am

Hey - I know I am not the world's most active forum member but I am more than happy to pitch in and help.

My day job is as an SEO Executive so I could be a big help in the content publishing side of things. I have also done content management and social media/community management so could fit into any of the roles really - even have some web dev experience. In terms of what I can offer I am probably best placed to do the site content management and/or social media - you probably want someone a bit more on the pulse of things than me for the news and stuff. Happy to have a chat about it to see what I can do for you :)
Last edited by shanodin on Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
See you later, Space Cowboy.
elvortel

Postby elvortel » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:12 am

This is a Good Idea.

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring for Social Media manager. I'm more active on Twitter but I can work my way around Facebook. No worries if someone better comes along ;)
New corp deck - 49 snares.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:27 am

Already more responses than I expected :)

Thanks for your interest peeps, will look at sorting this all out by the end of the week at the latest but hopefully it'll be enough time for people to express interest in any given role.
Seamus

Postby Seamus » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:56 am

Hi. Sent you a PM.
unitled

Postby unitled » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:04 pm

Seems you have a load of responses already, but I'd love to help with forum moderation/news posting if you've any shortage of help there.
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:21 pm

Brilliant to have so many responses already (on here and Facebook etc). Please don't hesitate to express interest already if you haven't, there's every possibility that I can double up on a few! Many hands make light work :)
Smashman

Postby Smashman » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:57 pm

Was going to offer to do content management, but looks like you've got a good number already! :shock:
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:23 pm

I am probably under-qualified by comparison to others but happy to pitch in with a task or two if there is a "this would be good if non official people could do it" list.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank

Return to “Announcements”