The Tournament Journey Pt 2 (Store Champ)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chimpster
Site Admin

The Tournament Journey Pt 2 (Store Champ)

Postby Chimpster » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:04 am

Site Article: http://netrunners.co.uk/articles/the-to ... art-2.html

Deck lists below!

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity's Shadow)

Event (18)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
1x Inside Job (Core Set)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
2x Infiltration (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)

Hardware (7)
2x Desperado (Core Set)
3x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof) ••••

Resource (6)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (10)
2x Corroder (Core Set) ••••
1x Mimic (Core Set) •
2x Yog.0 (Core Set) ••
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Ninja (Core Set)
3x Faerie (Future Proof)

Program (5)
3x Datasucker (Core Set) •••
2x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)

Couple of key points... none of this 1 of breaker stuff, I like to consistently draw my breakers so I can apply early pressure. 3 Emergency Shutdown as I believe that most corps are running big ice again and they are devastating against them. Sneakdoor, this is one of the cards that makes Gabe great, however most people don't expect it against Andy and if you have good remote pressure, it really hits hard when you drop this and agendas have pooled in hand... won me a lot of games.

Haas-Bioroid - Campaign

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

Agenda (11)
3x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
3x Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus)
3x Efficiency Committee (Creation and Control)
2x Gila Hands Arcology (Creation and Control)

Asset (9)
3x Adonis Campaign (Core Set)
3x Eve Campaign (Humanity's Shadow)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••

Upgrade (3)
3x SanSan City Grid (Core Set) ••••• ••••

Operation (7)
1x Archived Memories (Core Set)
3x Biotic Labor (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)

Barrier (7)
1x Wall of Static (Core Set)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof)
3x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing) •••

Code Gate (5)
1x Viper (Cyber Exodus)
1x Viktor 2.0 (Creation and Control)
3x NEXT Bronze (Opening Moves)

Sentry (6)
1x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set)
3x Rototurret (Core Set)
2x Grim (Opening Moves)

ICE (1)
1x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)

A HBFA deck, using high cost assets... 3 San San, 3 Eve, 3 Adonis, 3 Jackson Howard, puts the runner in a position where if they trash everything then they can't afford to install, run etc and if they don't I have a huge credit advantage and can rez and FA without too much concern. Really powerful.
I will be adding in NAPD Contract as soon as I get it to further tax the runner economy.

Some sterling analysis from Dave/Cerberus here, hopefully you all enjoy it and are able to prepare for the forthcoming Chronos Tour! What's everyone thinking about taking? Anything that didn't work for you in Store Championships?
David Whittaker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Tournament Journey Pt 2 (Store Champ)

Postby David Whittaker » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:34 pm

Took Katman and ETF FA to the Huddersfield Chronos Protocol today. Squeaked into 8th place as I played horrendously in the first two rounds (for example: running second click, instead of first or second against Weyland, when they have scored a False Lead to faceplant into Snare & double Scorched).

Three rounds remaining, I had to win all my games (no modified wins) to have a chance. Turns out when you focus, good things happen!

Chose Katman, as despite the excitement surrounding Swordsman before it's release, it appears not many have added it to their repertoire in my local area (North West). Is this the case for everyone else? Didn't see a single Swordsman all day so it worked out quite nicely.

Interested in your thoughts on Wraparound, performed as good as advertised? I'd have thought as people are sat across from HB, Corroder would be a high priority install early on. I really like the mix of Rototurret and Grim though. Bet a few have been caught out thinking the Mimic was enough to prevent some destruction :)
mendax

Postby mendax » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:29 pm

As a fellow Katman player, I also find swordsman less common that you might expect. I think it's a decent Jinteki card, but not worth splashing for. I would however advise carrying either a mimic or a femme just in case (femme also helps out against wraparound).
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:13 pm

I think most people would expect Grim to be around and plan accordingly (no breakers out, keeping an eye on the credit count). It can be useful, but the BP and not ending the run can be a problem...

Return to “Site Article Discussion”