The NeoReading Grid League: Season Four

Moderator: Johno

Paul B
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The NeoReading Grid League: Season Four

Postby Paul B » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:28 pm

Since the recollection of the Eds' appearances is somewhat hazy, let's go by IDs. "My" Ed was playing ETF and Quetzal and he did definitely say it was his first time. He only had 1 corp deck with him.
waferthinninja
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby waferthinninja » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:33 pm

Mine played Chaos Theory and Cerebral Imaging
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:38 pm

Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:58 pm

#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:18 pm

:: sits down to watch Tash-Kalar video review ::
:: chortle; this Quinn fellow and his bearded sidekick are rather amusing ::
:: sees Tash-Kalar board, listens ::
:: faint frowny ::
:: wonders if this is a... Euro ::
:: wonders if James knows that Pete abhors Euros ::
:: ... ::
:: Pete's mouth forms the shape of a cat's puckered arse ::
:: PEAK FROWN! ::
:: lulz teh Tony Hart music! i luv Tony! ::
:: BONE CATAPULT!?!?! ::
:: I AM CRUSH JAMES WIT MY BOINE CAPATPULT! ::

OK James, let's do this!
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:21 pm

It's not really a euro, it's an abstract in the same vein as chess or hive.
SimonB

Postby SimonB » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:12 pm

(The Ed I played was also using CT and CI)
Johno

Postby Johno » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:02 am

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:18 pm

Well they do say that two Eds are better than one.

Eh?

Eh?

I'll see myself out.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:15 am

I'm skipping tonight. So much Netrunner over the weekend. Next time.
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:45 am

Johno

Postby Johno » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:47 am

Looking forward to tonight. Everyone's favourite digital destroyer of worlds will be back! Pack your Vipers!
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:16 am

Played James G - Corp split, I won with New Angeles Sol.

Played Waferthinninja - I won both, including with Sol and gaining '3 scoops'

Played Paul to the tune of a corp split (again with Sol).
Johno

Postby Johno » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:16 am

The league is now updated! Good achievement haul for me last night. Seems I just can't win as Apex though, which doesn't look good for the December tourney!
Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:20 pm

It sounds pretty damn fine from where I am sitting. #readingprizelock :P :twisted:

Sadly, the Quetzal deck I netdeck'd on Monday night fared similarly. I'm sure piloting was a large component of that -- many of the Anarch cards are new to me in terms of how to play them effectively. The deck I grabbed had 3x Liberated Accounts, 3x Daily Casts, and 3x career fair as the only economy cards and I felt really cash pinched in all the games I played. #moareconplox

I'll likely be there next Tuesday. Tash Kalar to the face, I'm gonna give James a taste.
Johno

Postby Johno » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:46 am

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:37 am

Hi! Coupla results from last night-

Played two games against Tom, not sure if these were league games actually but I lost both so I guess it doesn't matter :)

The a corp split with Lucy, where I got the 'Look Before You Leap' achievement in the runner game.

Oh and in my runner game against your good self I got the 'hard mode- runner' achievement.

Cheers!
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:35 pm

Corp corp split with Lucy.
Swept you Johno, and that's it for this week.
Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:39 pm

My results from tonight.

I was playtesting my Tennin deck for the forthcoming Jank Tourney... ugh, it's a glacier and I don't dig playing glacier. I don't mind losing so as it's fun and I feel I got my moneys worth, but glacier is just boring. I'm gonna switch the Tennin build up and go for something not glacier.

Pete (Corp) versus Simon (Runner) :: Simon wins
Pete (Runner) versus Simon (Corp) :: Simon wins

Junebug costs a measly 1c to fire. Who knew? FFS! :oops: :evil: :lol:

Pete (Corp) versus Lucy (Runner) :: Lucy wins
Pete (Runner) versus Lucy (Corp) :: Pete wins

Lucy Keyhole'd to a win on turn 3. Well played Lucy, well played. Also, FFS! :evil: :D

Pete (Corp) versus Ed (Runner) :: Ed wins
Pete (Runner) versus Ed (Corp) :: Ed wins

The Tennin game was everything I dislike about glacier: slow and boring. Ugh. Well played to Ed, but just blech. :(

The Leela game was fun -- I feel I got my moneys worth -- but I had an awful draw through my deck. I drew through 2/3rds of the deck and saw exactly 1 Special Order at the end of all that drawing. No breakers at all meant I just couldn't apply pressure. I was locked out by an Ice Wall and 2 Quandrys. I have 3x Special Order and 2x of each breaker... nothing. Blech. You can hedge against variance but sometimes you just get a shite draw. Ed's deck was fun -- Titan Rush -- and he played it well, so it was a fun if slightly frustrating game.
waferthinninja

Postby waferthinninja » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:02 am

Played Ed, he won both, I scored Get What You Pay For as consolation.

Played Johno, won both. Finally won with NEXT, scoring Caps Lock. Also won with Sunny, though its too late to get the other two now. I suppose claiming Hard Mode for Sunny is not really in the spirit of the achievement ;)

Then played Tom as Corp and won by death, didn't have time to play the other way.

Remember kids, don't run last click...
Johno

Postby Johno » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:02 am

The results are in from the last week! And barring some crazy number of overlooked results, Simon is our winner! If he's in next week, we'll have a small prize for him! But for a bloody win as Apex, I might have caught him, but well done to him! I placed second and Paul came third, no mean feat considering he missed a couple of weeks.

I'm still accepting results if people would like to provide them for pride.

Thanks to everyone who took part in this league season. I think it went really well! If you have any feedback or thoughts, let me know and don't forget we do meet up every Tuesday, even outside of league seasons!
SimonB

Postby SimonB » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:48 am

Wow :o I'd like to claim I'm some sort of Netrunner demon, but in truth I've benefited from Paul and Joey being away, and Johno's jank crusade to get every achievement point possible :)

There were a couple of other games for me last night (that I'm gonna have to add due to latent OCD) but I'll pm Johno about those rather than list them here.

Thanks for the league guys!
Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:56 am

Thanks for running this Johno!

I only popped along to the games nights to play A Game of Thrones and just played a few games of NetRunner to round out the evenings. I am happy to have contributed to Simon's awesome win by my two losses to him last night. Gratz Simon!

Thanks also to all the folk who crushed me. My turn 3 loss to Lucy who played 3 turns of Keyhole ranks high in the litany of my defeats.

I like the league a lot. It gives a pleasant structure to the weekly play. Johno's software+website is cool too, thanks for writing+hosting it Johno.

Improvements? Mmm. Moar acheevs plox. The points don't mean a whole lot to someone like me who pops in infrequently. (Maybe I shouldn't be participating in the league then, but ho hum.)

For "casuals" like myself I'd like more acheevs that are focused on community: for an example of what I mean by that, an acheev for whupping Johno "Mr. Jinteki" with a Jinteki ID would be good: maybe the acheev could be called "A Taste Of Your Own Medicine" or somesuch.

Simon has painted a big target on himself, so maybe a "scalp hunting" acheev for the next season would be in order: "Simon Says... NOOOOO" is awarded for beating Simon with a faction that he chooses at the start of the season as his nemesis. Forex Simon might choose Criminal and Weyland as his nemesis factions and folk get the acheev for dusting him with any ID in those chosen nemesis factions.

The intent of such community acheevs is to celebrate folk. Simon *did* win the league, Johno *does* play great Jinteki decks, so let's have acheevs that reflect their contributions to the community. I'd not met or played Simon before last night and he was a pleasant chap and we had some good games. (Although Junebug only costing 1c to fire is BROKEN, card should be BANNED #hysterical)

I'm just making stuff up, no quality control here. :)
Paul B

Postby Paul B » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:01 pm

Congrats to Simon, great to see a newcomer and a pleasant opponent win the league.

I had a fun time with it and was sad that I couldn't make the final two weeks.
waferthinninja

Postby waferthinninja » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:48 am

I like Pete's "community" achieves in theory, though not sure how they would work in practice; if 6 people turn up wanting to play Jinketk vs Johno, some of them are going to be disappointed (unless he loses very quickly ;) )

But how about getting an extra point for playing each different person, to encourage playing a wide variety of people rather than the same people each week? Would require a tweak to the software (or the hassle of setting up an achievement for each player), but shouldn't be too hard to do. Perhaps this is also not "fair" as pairings are usually determined by who is available when you arrive/finish a game, but I don't think many people care much about that?

Return to “Reading”